Delivered through Equal Opportunities West (EOW) and supported by Western Economic Diversification Canada, the Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program – Winnipeg (EDP) aims to provide people in Winnipeg who self-identify as living with a disability with the resources, tools and know-how to help them start their own businesses.
Some of the services EDP Winnipeg provides to the people in the program include:
- Assisting them with developing business plans
- Providing business advisory services, organizing training workshops delivered both in group settings and intensive one-on-one interaction
- Providing marketing assistance and helping to create websites
- Encouraging them to enroll in higher business education courses;
- And giving them a directory of relevant resources and contacts in the community
EDP Winnipeg is an inclusive agency that supports people from all ethnic, cultural and gender backgrounds and is committed to a spirit of reconciliation with Indigenous participants and their communities.
EDP Winnipeg is available for up to three years of mentoring and guidance. Our job is to support the people in our program and provide them with feedback while encouraging independence and creative thinking.
If you or someone you know has a disability and wants to start a business, get in touch with EDP Winnipeg to set up a meeting or stay tuned to the blog for future intake sessions.